Company History

since 1933

Company History

Our tradition for rereading.

  • 2013

    Start of Production at LANGRO-INDIA

    2012

    Establishment of LANGRO-INDIA

    2008

    LANGRO-CHEMIE celebrates its 75th anniversary

    purchase and renovation of a new development and administration building, located at the Porschestraße

    in 2008 more than 50 employees work on the site in Stuttgart; over 100 people are employed by LANGRO-CHEMIE worldwide

    until today LANGRO-CHEMIE is being represented by subsidiaries and independent agonies in all important centers of the leather industry

    New development and administration building located at the Porschestraße - LANGRO-CHEMIE celebrates its 75th anniversary

    New development and administration building located at the Porschestraße

    2000 - 2008

    Marco Lang takes over the management of Jürgen Lang in 2006

    in 2000 Marco Lang joins LANGRO-CHEMIE

    Development of an entirely new treatment process with UV-rays

    LANGRO-CHEMIE launches first products based on the newly developed nano-technology

    Marco Lang 2006 - Marco Lang takes over the management of Jürgen Lang in 2006

    Marco Lang 2006

    1990 - 2000

    in 1998 Tilo Schumacher succeeds Dieter Schumacher as manager

    Foundation of Globe S.R.L., Italy

    Foundation of Guama S.R.L., Italy

    Foundation of LC LEPROS LTD., Japan

    Foundation of LANGRO-BRASIL

    Foundation and participation in CORIUM, Brasil

    taking over the agency in France and founding the SARL LANGRO-CHEMIE France

    new agents in Turkey and India

    new building „Alaska” for dispersions and dyestuff solutions

    Tilo Schumacher 1998 - in 1998 Tilo Schumacher succeeds Dieter Schumacher as manager

    Tilo Schumacher 1998


    Company building „Alaska” 1992 - in 1998 Tilo Schumacher succeeds Dieter Schumacher as manager

    Company building „Alaska” 1992

    1980 - 1990

    in 1983 LANGRO-CHEMIE celebrates its 50th anniversary

    developping a finishing process based on water as an environmetally acceptable alternative to nitro products, LANGRO-CHEMIE is a pioneer and trend-setting

    a key innovation on the field of polyurethanes: special dispersions are taken into the product range

    development of an aqueous reverse-coating-system for split leather

    products for upholstery and cars are developed

    additional expansions to Thailand and Indonesia

    additional agencies in Spain, Portugal and Israel

    start of the business connections to China

    Company building 1980 - in 1983 LANGRO-CHEMIE celebrates its 50th anniversary

    Company building 1980


    Journey to China 1983 - in 1983 LANGRO-CHEMIE celebrates its 50th anniversary

    Journey to China 1983

    1970 - 1980

    Change of the company's name from Lang & Grönwoldt KG into LANGRO-CHEMIE Theo Lang KG

    Resignation of the Grönwoldt family

    Construction of „Wasserbau”

    Schaefer & Herbster move to Zuffenhausen

    in 1973 Theo Lang dies

    Dieter Schumacher and Jürgen Lang taking over the management

    Development of polyurethane cross-linking systems

    in 1975 Tilo Schumacher joins the company

    LANGRO-CHEMIE employes 50 people

    as the end of the seventies an agency in Taiwan is established

    Company building 1971 - Change of the company's name from Lang & Grönwoldt KG into LANGRO-CHEMIE Theo Lang KG

    Company building 1971


    Journey to Japan 1976 - Change of the company's name from Lang & Grönwoldt KG into LANGRO-CHEMIE Theo Lang KG

    Journey to Japan 1976

    1960 - 1970

    Jürgen Lang joins the company 1963

    by taking over the company Schaefer & Herbster in 1961, the product range as well as the regular customers are extended

    in 1963 Herbert Grönwoldt dies

    launching of the worldwide innovation aniline dyestuff solution called „LGT”

    first business connections to Japan and Greece

    entering the Italian market

    Jürgen Lang 1963 - Jürgen Lang joins the company 1963

    Jürgen Lang 1963


    Production - Jürgen Lang joins the company 1963

    Production

    1950 - 1960

    Dieter Schumacher joins the company in 1950

    a large-sized range for shoe upper leather is developed

    due to the importance of nitro products, a new production building, called „Nitrobau” is constructed in 1954

    the product range is enlarged by synthetic resin binder (polymer dispersions)

    the product innovation „Neofleur” captures the market

    foreign connections are resumed as well as extended to France, the Netherlands, Belgium and Denmark

    Dieter Schumacher 1950 - Dieter Schumacher joins the company in 1950

    Dieter Schumacher 1950


    Company building 1950 - Dieter Schumacher joins the company in 1950

    Company building 1950

    1940 - 1950

    destruction of the company building 1944

    temporarily the production is forced to stop due to the destruction of the company building by aircraft bombs and the shortage of raw material in 1944

    staff helps with the removal of the ruins and provisional rebuilding

    with the currency reform in 1948, the difficult economic situation improves

     - destruction of the company building 1944

    destroyed company building 1944 - destruction of the company building 1944

    destroyed company building 1944

    1930 - 1940

    first foreign connections

    first foreign connections to Austria, the former Czechoslovakia, Hungary, Finland and Switzerland are established

    more products, like dyestuff solutions and tops for harness leathers are following

    meanwhile 14 employees work for the company

    Employees 1933 - first foreign connections

    Employees 1933


    Employees 1939 - first foreign connections

    Employees 1939

    1933

    Theo Lang und Herbert Grönwoldt found Lang & Grönwoldt OHG

    purschase of the real estate and the building at Strohgäustraße in Stuttgart-Zuffenhausen

    in March 1933 the company is officially registered

    the authorised capital is 20.000 reichsmark

    the first Lang & Grönwoldt products are binders and leather tops based on protein or nitrocellulose

    Theo Lang - Theo Lang und Herbert Grönwoldt found Lang & Grönwoldt OHG

    Theo Lang


    Herbert Grönwoldt - Theo Lang und Herbert Grönwoldt found Lang & Grönwoldt OHG

    Herbert Grönwoldt